Educating a New Generation of Lawyers
The Charlotte attorneys at Powers Law Firm PA are dedicated to compassionate legal representation, predicated on superlative knowledge, trial skills, and conscientious advocacy.
The gift of a legal education extends beyond a fulfilling way to earn a living.
Omni autem cui multum datum.
Directory of Content:
- CAMPBELL LAW SCHOOL COURSEWORK:
- Criminal Law - 1L Outline by Collin B. Hardee
- Criminal Law - 1L Outline by Lindsey Jackson
- Criminal Law - 1L Outline by Robert Havelka
- Criminal Law - 1L Outline by Miller Moreau
- Criminal Procedure - 1L Outline by Collin B. Hardee
- Criminal Procedure I - 1L Outline
- Criminal Procedure - 1L Outline by Justin B. Lockett
- Criminal Procedure - 1L Outline by Miller Moreau
- Torts - 1L Outline
- Pretrial - 1L Outline
- Civil Procedure II - 1L Outline
- Constitutional Law I - 1L Outline by Miller Moreau
- Constitutional Law II - 1L Outline by Miller Moreau
- Federal Crimes - 1L Outline by Miller Moreau
- Evidence - 1L Outline by Miller Moreau
- WILLIAM AND MARY LAW SCHOOL COURSEWORK:
The practice of law is a profession, not merely a business.
There is a reason lawyers in North Carolina are deemed members of a “learned profession.” Knowledge and education provide the opportunity to serve others for the greater good.
We should all remain students of law, even after decades of licensure. There is always so much more to learn.
"The fastest way I know to become irrelevant and obsolete as an attorney is to assume you know everything. The best lawyers I know continue to learn and grow throughout their entire legal career, sharing what they know freely."
- Bill Powers
It is the duty and responsibility of experienced lawyers to help develop fellow attorneys, whether they be young or old, newly licensed or seasoned courtroom advocates.
It is tremendously rewarding to help educate lawyers. We learn from one-another and benefit by engaging on a deeply personal basis.
Courtroom Lawyers and Legal Advocates - Powers Law Firm PA
"I enjoy teaching continuing education for defense lawyers, prosecutors, judges, or other legal professions. My mentors, both present and past, have been generous in sharing their knowledge and practical experiences."
- Bill Powers
Senior attorney Bill Powers is a former President of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ) and a founding member and director of the Center for Legal Education and Advocacy (CLEA).
Our law firm helps clients with a wide range of legal services, including Family Law, Personal Injury, and Criminal Defense.
"Our focus is on helping people. We purposely choose not to limit ourselves by practice-area designations."
As such, we consult with clients who have legal matters throughout North Carolina.
If we believe we can help, we will undertake the matter for representation.
If we believe the person in need would be better suited retaining other counsel, when possible we will refer another attorney and/or law firm.
Powers Law Firm PA is not a lawyer referral service. We carefully consider the matters the firm and our attorneys undertake for legal representation.
"Over the course of his legal career, spanning from 1992 until the present, we’ve had the opportunity to work with many wonderful attorneys. It’s an honor and pleasure to serve others as a lawyer."
- Bill Powers