Live in Charlotte NC and face allegations of criminal charges in Rock Hill SC? Need legal representation for felony or misdemeanor criminal charges or DUI Driving Under the Influence in South Carolina? Looking for both North Carolina Attorneys and Lawyers in Rock Hill SC?
Attorneys Chris Beddow and John Landreth available to answer your questions and help guide you through the process.
We enjoy helping people in both Carolinas with cases in both criminal court and civil court. It doesn’t matter if you have criminal charges or are considering a separation and divorce, our firm is available for consultation – Chris Beddow, Lawyer in Rock Hill SC
While there are many similarities in culture and geography, there are important differences between the laws in South Carolina and North Carolina. Our clients often cross back-and-forth over the NC-SC border, like 30,000+ motorists who commute from Rock Hill SC to Charlotte NC every day, not fully understanding the distinctions in the law.
Who is responsible in accident cases and semi truck wrecks?
South Carolina draws distinctions between DUI Driving Under the Influence and Driving With Unlawful Alcohol Concentration DUAC. North Carolina DWI laws allow for a conviction with a breath or blood reading or 0.08 (or higher), as well under the “appreciable impairment prong” of N.C.G.S. 20-138.1.
It’s a mistake to assume the laws are the same for felony vs. misdemeanor charges in South Carolina and North Carolina. Understanding the differences in the criminal laws and civil laws, and how they actually affect our clients in the respective states is important and that’s one of the things we do to help clients.
We face criminal defense legal issues like:
- How will a South Carolina Traffic Ticket affect your North Carolina Drivers License?
- Will a DWI revocation in North Carolina suspend my South Carolina License?
- If I’m placed on probation in Charlotte, North Carolina can I live in Rock Hill SC?
- Do insurance points transfer across the NC-SC state line?
- Does North Carolina DMV recognize South Carolina Motor Vehicle violations?
We also provide legal representation for legal issues including:
- If I live in Charlotte NC and was hurt in an accident in Rock Hill SC, where to I file my claim?
- What happens in a South Carolina truck accident if the CDL driver is licensed in North Carolina?
- Can my South Carolina car accident case be heard where I live in North Carolina?
- What is contributory negligence in North Carolina?
- Is there comparative negligence in South Carolina accident injury claims?
Helping People in North Carolina and South Carolina
We help people with allegations of criminal charges, misdemeanor or felony including:
- Murder Charges
- Voluntary Manslaughter
- Involuntary Manslaughter
- Sex Crimes / Sexual Offenses
- Pornography Charges
- Drug Crimes
- Trafficking Drugs
- Possession Charges
- Drug Paraphernalia
- Alcohol Offenses
- Underage Possession of Alcohol
- DVPO Domestic Violence Protective Order
- Restraining Orders
- Domestic Crimes
- Assault and Battery
- AOF Assault on Female Charges
Free case evaluation
If you happen to be a person who lives in one state, and who was charged in the other. If you’ve been charged and want to talk, we’d be happy to sit and talk with you.
Feel free to call: 803-325-5806
Attorney John Landreth is licensed to practice law in both South Carolina and North Carolina. He and Chirs Beddow are responsible for South Carolina content on the CarolinaAttorneys.com website, YouTube channel, social media, and all marketing materials for the Powers Landreth PLLC as it pertains to the practice of law and representation of legal claims in South Carolina. Our Lawyers in Rock Hill SC include John Landreth and Associate Attorney Chris Beddow. Law Partner Bill Powers is licensed only in the State of North Carolina. As such, Bill Powers provides legal representation to clients only in legal matters involving North Carolina law and does not give legal advice in matters involving South Carolina law or South Carolina Legal issues.
What’s It Like Having Offices In Charlotte and Rock Hill? 1801F-Landreth USING FOR PERSONAL PROFILE 06-02-18